Saturday, May 28, 2016

Dancing at Midnight: The Life of June Parker by Rebecca Yelland

**A copy of this book was received in exchange for an HONEST review. Reviews through Novel Idea Reviews are NOT bought and every opinion is that of the reviewer and was in no way influenced by the author or in exchange for a free copy of the book.**
 
Rating: ★★★★★
 
Dancing at Midnight: The Life of June Parker is a powerful debut novel from author, Rebecca Yelland. The story is a non-stop page turning adventure filled with a rollercoaster of emotions. Yelland does a fantastic job at grabbing her readers from the very first page and making sure she holds on throughout the story. I was blown out of the water with Yelland's writing and ability to tell a powerful and emotional story in a page turning and detailed manner. I found myself holding my breathe with every turn of the page and experiencing heart wrenching moments of despair for June Parker, our main protagonist. 
Yelland created such powerful characters that I actually felt as if I knew June and her friends for years. The pain she experienced and the way she continued on with life was incredibly moving. 
The style used by Yelland, turning this into a journal found by June's daughter after her death, is absolutely perfect for this story. It allowed you to feel every emotion and experience the closure felt by her daughter upon completing her mother's story. It is filled with some amazing twists that simply add to the beauty of the story. 
If this is what we have to expect from Rebecca Yelland in her debut novel, I can only imagine what she has in store for her readers with her future writing endeavors. Dancing at Midnight: The Life of June Parker is the story of the summer as Ms. Yelland delivers with an absolute knockout!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I just finished my last book and have been looking for something new to read. Will have a look out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great read! Definitely one for the summer reading list! I added the link to purchase the book below the photo! Make sure to check it out! I know the author would love some more readers and this book deserves a lot of attention!!

      Delete
  2. Greaaat! I'm preparing a summer book list since I won't have many access to the internet (and ok.. I would read anyway :p)
    I think I might add this one on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link I posted under the photo will let you purchase the physical paperback edition!! It's a great read and perfect for the summer!!

      Delete
  3. Seems like something I should read.. thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth a read! Check out the link to purchase!!

      Delete
  4. Sounds good! I'm putting it on my list!

    ReplyDelete