Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Mennonite on the Edge: An Unlikely Romance by Cynthia Yoder

**A copy of this book was received in exchange for an HONEST review. Reviews through Novel Idea Reviews are NOT bought and every opinion is that of the reviewer and was in no way influenced by the author or in exchange for a free copy of the book.**
 
Rating: ★★★★
 
Mennonite on the Edge: An Unlikely Romance is a very different novel than I typically read. It had a fantastic message and I found myself relating to many of the protagonists adventures and questions regarding life and how it "should" be lived versus how you want to live. Cynthia Yoder tells a marvelous tale of two young newlyweds and their journey to find themselves after leaving a life of religion and structure. 
The process of finding who you are is a journey we all take and this novel does a fantastic job asking and answering the questions that usually arise during that journey. Our main protagonists are very relatable characters and we truly see them grow as the novel progresses. Mennonite on the Edge: An Unlikely Romance is the perfect novel for young adults who may be in the midst of their personal journey. I personally found myself highlighting several passages that I felt perfectly summarized my current situation and how I see my journey moving forward. As I stated, this novel is a far cry from my usual reading material, but it is one I am glad I decided to give a go. It is the perfect read for the summer due to the easy page turning story and fantastic message.

No comments:

Post a Comment