Monday, October 5, 2015

Love & Profanity by Various Authors

**A copy of this book was received in exchange for an HONEST review. Reviews through Novel Idea Reviews are NOT bought and every opinion is that of the reviewer and was in no way influenced by the author or in exchange for a free copy of the book.**

Rating: ★★★★★

Love & Profanity is a fascinating collection of short stories about love, life, and growing up as seen through the eyes of a teenager. The selected authors tell stories from their respective teenage years and allow for the reader to relate to at least one, if not more, of the experiences told. 
Although my high school years are behind me, I found myself able to relate to the stories of lost friendships and peer pressure. The feeling of being the only person in a room full of people is a common theme and a relatable notionLove & Profanity is written for the young adult audience, but I believe it is a must read for people of all ages. It helps you look back on those formative years and allows you to realize that you survived and that not everything was as awful as it seemed. It may even provide some closure for some readers. I know I found myself relating to the story of a girl who lost her best friend to the "popular" clique. A common occurrence for many a teenager and a story that shows how it can be a haunting loss for some time, even when you believe you've moved on. 
This is a well written collection of stories and, as I stated, it is a book for readers of all demographics. It is a book of how we all grow up and face life and whatever it may throw at us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment