Monday, June 1, 2015

The Outbreak (Fyre Trilogy #1) by Tayler Wright

**A copy of this book was received in exchange for an HONEST review. Reviews through Novel Idea Reviews are NOT bought and every opinion is that of the reviewer and was in no way influenced by the author or in exchange for a free copy of the book.**
Rating: ★★★★

I have to admit I was a bit leery of this book upon receiving it. I was curious as to how the story of a zombie apocalypse could be told in under 200 pages. However, once I began Tayler Wright's, The Outbreak, I could not stop. I was intrigued by the simplicity and ease of Wright's writing and the page turning way she went into this story. By skipping all of the usual build up, Wright jumped right into the action. 

My only criticism would be the lack of a background story for some of the main characters. There was a brief glimpse into the character's past, but some more background would have made the entire book a bit more entertaining. Some explanations for why the main character seemed more than prepared and a reason for her excellent marksmanship would have been very useful for the reader. 

The ending was fantastic and is not the usual ending you expect from this genre. It was a great twist that you will definitely not see coming. I can not wait to continue this trilogy and see how the characters develop after that surprise ending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment